The wonderful thing about Distance Reiki is you can wear your comfiest clothes (or pyjamas) and sit or lie on your own bed, sofa or yoga mat. You can have your treatment without having to leave the comfort or safety of your own home. And if you’re feeling a little drowsy afterwards, you don’t even have to drive home.
Distance Reiki has always been taught in the second degree of Reiki and is something we practice during our training, potentially on a few friends and then maybe put to one side just bringing it out occasionally; I know this is what happened for me. It can be used across the room to someone who doesn’t want to be touched or to animals across a field, when passing an ambulance or sent to those experiencing hardships on the other side of the world.
Reiki is the Universal Life Force energy.
It is the energy that runs invisibly through our bodies and keeps our mind and body in balance, it makes trees and plants grow and flourish and it is also in the air around us. It can pass through skin and bones, through clothes and blankets and also through bricks and mortar. And if it can travel through these solid things then why not through space and distance too. In fact, it can.
All it takes, as with any Reiki treatment, is the intention and dedication of the practitioner and the open-mindedness of the recipient. These will allow the Reiki to flow to the desired destination, but it is the experience of the Reiki practitioner that will be used to make the emotional connection and uncover the way the body wants to work.
It is obviously a very different experience from the one you would receive in my treatment room.
In the treatment room I will have energetically cleansed the space, have a nice oil blend in the diffuser, I play soft music (which doesn’t come across well over the video call) and will try to ensure we are not disturbed. I can also give you a bit of space to ‘come round’ after your treatment whilst I go and get you a soothing drink and a glass of water.
However an experience like this isn’t possible at the moment as the nation enters another week of lockdown, in an attempt to manage the spread of Covid-19 in the UK. It goes without saying that following the Government’s guidelines and staying at home is the right thing to do, however at this time more than ever, you might be in need of a little holistic treatment. Maybe you had previously come to me for regular Reiki or even reflexology treatments and are missing the positive impact it has on your mind and body. Or actually you might just be in need of something to help ease the emotional tension you find is building up as you come to terms with this new way of life.
There are many other reasons why you might be in need of a Reiki ‘top-up’ (as many of my regular clients call their treatments) –
- You might be front line staff in the NHS or care professions facing the true horrors of this disease on a daily basis
- Your work might see you on the front line of trying to get supplies to the nation – in supermarkets or delivery drivers – but with new restrictions and protections that make your job more difficult
- You might be trying to cope with working from home, home-schooling your children and caring for the elderly or vulnerable
- You might be grieving, sick or worried about someone who is
- You might just need some respite from whatever your situation is. This is a challenging time for all of us in our own lives
Allow Reiki to ease a little light into your body and mind.
It can feel like slipping into a hot bath at the end of a tiring day or as refreshing as stepping from a cool shower on a hot, dusty day. It can be like balm poured onto dry, itchy skin or an all-enveloping hug from gentle, invisible arms. You can feel this in the mind as well as in the body. And it works just as well by distance (some are saying even better!).
So, how does a Distance Reiki session work?
- I call you by video call (Whatsapp, Facetime, Messenger etc)
- We have a 5-10 minute consultation
- You make yourself comfortable on your bed, sofa etc
- I talk you into a relaxed state and make my connection to the Reiki energy
- I use a substitute for your body (usually my upper leg!) and work down the body and chakras as I would with a hands-on treatment
- At the end I talk you back to the present moment
- We finish by talking over what we experienced.
If you’ve had a Reiki treatment before, you may wonder how the connection can happen and whether you get the same warm relaxation. I can assure you it does happen. All those who have experienced Distance Reiki with me have felt a sense of peace at the end of the treatment. They talk about a feeling of calm that seems to stay with them longer as they don’t have to drive home afterwards. We often experience heat in the same areas and we are still able to discover and work through emotional issues, just as before.
It is still a wonderful way to explore what’s going on for us and learn how to connect up body, mind and emotions. On top of that it’s super relaxing and peaceful, just the anti-dote to the stresses caused by Coronavirus and the lockdown situation put in place to protect us.
If this is what you need in your life at this time then please contact me to book an appointment or even just to find out more.