Our line up of stalls for our Pop up Market on 12th June:
Anne – Medulla Holistic Therapies including Neal’s Yard Remedies
Sally – Sally Day Stationery and Gifts
Joy – Joy Davies Crystals
Sarah – Piccadilly Lily jewellery
Jo – Moochimoo clothing
And joining us this year…
Anne-Marie – Gift it 2
Hayley – The Refill Van
Sofia – The Old Chapel Cake Company
Jan – Honey Cottage, Thurleigh – local honey (you will see her bees on our flowers in the garden – that’s how local!)
A few things we need to consider please, to reduce the spread of COVID:
- Book a morning or afternoon shopping session by clicking the button below
- Please use the hand sanitiser on the gate and on individual stalls if they have it
- Don’t forget to let us have your details for track and trace (destroyed after 12 days)
- Follow the one-way system around the garden and stalls (please don’t double back) – you can go round as many times as you need to
- Please use the hand sanitiser on the gate and on individual stalls if they have it
- Enjoy – this is a wonderful chance to get together, enjoy the sunshine and support some local businesses. Thank you
We look forward to welcoming you to our Pop Up Market.
The Team xx
Our online meditation circle meets every Thursday at 7pm on Zoom
I lead a guided meditation for about half an hour, sharing exercises, techniques and journeys to help you find your own way with meditation and hopefully help you to build your own practice.
I ask for an exchange of £5 per week (or £20 per month if you are a regular attender)
Some come every week, others just when they need it. Some have other commitments and so book with me in advance and I send the recording of the session to them afterwards.
I record each session but after I have stopped recording we often stay online and chat about our practice and whatever else comes from where the conversation takes us…….
How it works.
- I send out a weekly reminder email
- Reply to this email or click the button in the email to let me know you are interested that week
- I will confirm and send you payment details
- You will receive an email an hour or so before the circle with a link to join on Zoom. It is very simple to join!
If you would like to join this week then please complete the form below and I will be in touch. You can also complete the form below to go onto the reminder list if you can’t make it this week.
Please note that by completing above form you will be signing up to join my mailing list. I send out weekly reminders for the meditation session and a monthly newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Welcome to 2021!
I don’t know about you but my inbox and social media field have been filled with people saying good riddance to 2020. Initially I was in agreement, but it got me thinking. I often try to discourage myself and others from wishing time away or wishing things hadn’t happened and it’s not just because it’s a pointless exercise but actually it’s because we learn from everything that happens in our life – especially the difficult times.
So, I ask you to look back and find the positives from last year rather than focusing on the hardships. For me it was a year of spending time outdoors – in the garden and long walks. A year of strengthening relationships and friendships. I studied, I baked, I picked up an old craft project, I spoke to my family a lot more and I found new ways to work. I’m immensely grateful to all of you who supported me and my business and who, in turn, I was able to support through the last year too.
We obviously can’t ignore the challenges, that would just be naïve, but we can look at them in terms of what we have or can possibly learn from them. Whether this is in terms of work, health, grief, relationships, finances or any other challenge that presented itself to you in the last year.
January, mid-winter, the new year it’s always a time of reflection – so think about what you have learned from last year or even the last national lockdown and see what you can do better or just differently this time round. Finish the course you started last time, or the craft project. Plan your garden for this year. Increase or start your meditation or other spiritual practice as well as some exercise. Schedule time to talk or video-call with friends into your diary.
And most importantly keep hold of the light. Whether that’s the light at the end of the tunnel, the light of the new Age of Aquarius or the light of your own faith, bring it inside you each day and let it grow and brighten your whole being. Because the brighter you let it shine the easier you, as an individual, will get through the next few months.
2021 at Medulla Holistic Therapies
Unfortunately, the national lockdown means that I am not able to do hands on treatments for the foreseeable future but I can do Distance Reiki and our meditation circle is going from strength to strength. Look out for my new plans and ideas over the next few weeks, starting with bespoke aromatherapy which will be wonderful for helping to boost mental health as well as skin, muscle and digestive issues.
I’d love to hear what you’re all up to too, so please drop me an email, message me through Facebook or Instagram (@medullaspace) or comment on my posts. I’m missing our conversations so contact from you is more important than ever to me at the moment.
As ever – keep safe and keep strong.
In love and light
Well-being in Lockdown
When we first experienced a national lockdown in March last year it was the first time most of us had ever known anything like it. The majority of us thankfully weren’t directly affected by the virus itself and the weather turned beautiful just at the right time. We were at home and for many there was almost a sense of (dare I say it?) excitement – like a holiday, we couldn’t work and we had to stop running around to a full schedule seven days a week. For most, it was almost pleasant. This was before it began to wear thin……on so many levels.
This time round we know what to expect and know full-well the things we found difficult last time. And they all seem amplified in these cold, dark months. Our situation may have changed, making things more (or maybe less) difficult and of course, by now we may have been ill or lost someone ourselves to the virus – making this all the more real.
In my newsletter, I talked about reflecting on the positives and the lessons from last year, so I don’t want to dwell on how bad it could be for us – we all know that already. What I want to focus on is helping you to make this lockdown more bearable.
Why not try and see the last national lockdown as a practice run and do this one differently
- Many people have said to me “I wish I’d done…..while I had the time”. So if you are stuck at home now, with time on your hands, make a plan.
- Decide what you want to achieve and write it down – just a list or post-its will do, but if you’re a proper planner then put a timetable together.
- Make sure you get in some rest time
- And some exercise
- And maybe some spiritual practice (reading, meditation, time with your crystals)
- Cook and eat delicious and nutritious foods
- And try not to be glued to the news, or social media for that matter
We can do this differently this time if we choose to and yes, that means a positive mindset. But, and here’s the most important message……………..please don’t expect to be optimistic all the time. We are human and at the mercy of hormones and outside influences and the moon and emotions. So please cut yourself some slack when your mood isn’t good and use that time to rest.
When you are in a great frame of mind, make the most of it. Power through your plan, do practical things, necessary things and enjoyable things. Really make that positive energy work for you.
But when you’re not in that place, be kind to yourself. Wrap up cozy, drink warm drinks and do what you feel like doing. Don’t beat yourself up for not doing the housework, clearing out that cupboard or going for a run – you can do that another day. But also try not to spend the whole day on the sofa in front of the telly either. Try reading or a jigsaw, a craft project or even cloud watching from the warmth of your bed.
If you know you are prone to feeling low from time to time then there are things you can do to change your mood.
A little preparation when you’re feeling good can stand you in good stead for when you’re not.
- Try to eat healthily most of the time, as this can reduce the frequency and depth of the low moods.
- Take a few calming deep breaths.
- Get outside and breath some fresh air or at least look out of the window and get some natural light into your body.
- Have some crystals or aromatherapy oils to hand that can uplift you when you need them. Amethyst, orange calcite and rose quartz or neroli, petitgrain or sweet orange essential oils should do the trick.
- If something you are doing is dragging your mood down then stop, do something else and come back to it later
- Learn to recognise when your mood is changing and try one of the above.
And remember that everything changes, no situation ever stays the same for too long. You can reach out for help, there is plenty around but also you can dig deep and you will be amazed at your own inner strength.
There are many holistic therapies that can help at times like these including Distance Reiki and aromatherapy. You can find out more details here or you can contact me directly and I’ll be happy to chat with you.
Do know that the energies of the Universe have shifted since the Winter Solstice and so we are in a very different place. The light of the new Age of Aquarius is here, if we are willing to open up and see it. But we have to do this ourselves, we have to take charge for our own growth, progress, lives. Yes, there is help out there for physical, mental and spiritual well-being but we also have a responsibility to look after our own welfare.