This is still very much dependant on the Government’s advice nearer the time, but hairdressers have been advised that they may be able to start to return to hands on treatments from 4th July. As therapists, we have a similar or even smaller amount of contact with our clients, and our guiding organisations are advising us to prepare for the same.
Things, however, will obviously be done very differently.
The UK Reiki Federation and Guild of Holistic Therapists have already sent out guidance of steps we can start preparing towards and will send out more as the Government issues it. From the information I have received so far, I am running risk assessments on my treatment room and practices. From this I am creating a protocol that will work for me, for my clients and at the same time aim to keep us as safe as possible.
In the meantime there are a couple of things you can do to help us both get treatment room ready:
- Let me know you’d like to be one of the first on my appointment list
- If possible purchase or make a face covering. I will have a supply of a multi-layer fabric masks that will be washed after each client.
I have been busy too and have done a course and achieved Covid-19 certification in understand how the virus is spread and infection control generally.
As soon as I know when I will be able to start seeing clients I will contact those on this list first to book your appointments. I will also send out the new protocol to you, it is likely to include steps such as
- cleaning of furniture, equipment, door handles etc,
- length of time between clients to allow for thorough cleaning,
- PPE to be worn by me and my clients,
- reducing fabric coverings on couch and chair to make surfaces easier to clean,
- what clients can and cannot touch (where possible)
- checking on recent health/Covid-19 symptoms at time of booking and prior to appointment
This will definitely be a different way of working but at least I should soon be able to return to hands on treatments and welcome you back again.
You must be logged in to post a comment.